At Goodwin Academy we believe that Students will achieve their full potential if we can maintain an effective working relationship between us all; our students, parents and carers and our staff at the Academy.
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and happy place, which strives for excellence in all we do. In order to achieve this we have high expectations of everyone who joins us.
As a parent or carer working with us, you will have an opportunity to have a positive impact on your child’s progress.
We are committed to making this partnership into a successful one that will encourage participation and a love of learning.
As a student, I will do my best to:
- Be caring and considerate towards others
- Have respect for my surroundings both inside the classroom and outside in the school community
- Come to school on time every day
- Make every effort to produce class work and homework of a high standard
- Listen to my teachers and work hard to achieve deadlines, taking pride in my work.
- Be ready for learning by bringing equipment, my kit, my planner and homework to lessons
- Wear the correct uniform.
As a parent, I will do my best to:
- Monitor the progress being made by my child and attends Parents’ Evenings to discuss this
- Let the school know of any problems which may affect my child’s learning or attendance at school
- Make sure my child is on time for school
- Phone the school daily if my child is ill and give a written explanation upon return, providing medical evidence if requested
- Send my child to school in correct uniform
- Avoid unnecessary absences and holidays during term
- Attend meetings upon request that are relevant and involve my child.
As a school, we will:
- Act ‘in Loco Parentis’
- Support each student’s learning to help them achieve their best by making learning enjoyable and motivating
- Encourage our students to keep to the school rules, stay safe and enjoy their learning
- Let you know if we have any concerns about your child’s effort or behaviour
- Provide opportunities for your child to make a contribution, learn new skills and challenge themselves and be the best they can be.